Email migration to ISPManager
Applicable Plans – All servers with ISPmanager 5
The migration process is as follows:
- We copy your websites, applications and mailboxes to the new server
- We provide you access to your new control panel so you can verify your service prior to the cut over
- Once you confirm all is good on the new server, we will schedule the cut over process.
There are certain items to take into consideration. We do not have access to your current email passwords. It is necessary to reset the passwords from your control panel if you cannot provide them. This guide provides you all the steps for resetting passwords.
For updating mailbox passwords, It is necessary to login to ISPmanager. The owner of the account should have received an email with the URL and password. The email would look similar to this:
ISPManager at - https://YOURIP:1500/ispmgr
You can find a full overview of ISPManager 5 at:
When the link is opened, a warning would be displayed regarding the SSL. Please follow the guidelines below for these browsers: Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
A screen like the following will be presented:
This is the expected behavior since the control panel uses a self-signed certificate. The warning means the certificate was not issued by a third party issuer. When this screen is presented click on advanced and it will show the following:
Now click on Add Exception and a new window will pop up:
Click on “Confirm Security Exception” once clicked it will automatically redirect you to the login page
On safari a warning like the following will be displayed:
Click on Continue and it will take you to the Login Page
On chrome a warning like the following will show up:
Click on Advanced and it will show the following option:
Click on “Proceed to YOURIP (unsafe)” and it will take you to the login page.
For other browsers similar option will show up.
- - - -
The login page for ISPmanager will look like the following:
Please use the credentials that were provided.
Changing Mailbox passwords
Once logged as root it is possible to manage all mailboxes. Click on Users -- > Mailboxes on the left hand menu:
The right panel will show all mailboxes configured on the server:
In order to change the password for the account, double click on the email account you want to modify and following menu will show up:
You can see the current password by clicking on the little eye at the right of the password field. To change the password you need to type the new password on the field and click Ok.
Managing your own mailbox
ISPmanager also allows each mailbox user to login to ISPmanager using their own email address. When logged in, they will be able to perform certain tasks that will only affect their email address. They cannot see any other section from ISPmanager, only tasks related to their email account.
Use the same process to get to ISPmanager as detailed previously on this guide. At the login page use the email address and it’s password instead of the root user:
Once logged in, they will see something like the following:
As you can see this is a limited access that will only allow them to perform following tasks:
- Setup email filters: It is possible to create filters such as moving mails to specific folders, etc. To do it just click on Email Filter under Mail menu and follow the wizard which will guide you over the process
- Auto-responder: This option lets you setup an automated response to any incoming email. Click on Auto-responder and you will be presented a field where you can enter the text you want to send as an automated response.
- Purge email: This will remove all mails from the email account. Please be very careful with this option since there is no way to recover the emails once they are removed!!
- If webmail client is available, you can access it by clicking on Additional app -- > Webmail client
- Manage Settings: Each user can manage their own settings by going to Settings --> User Settings, it will show the following screen:
The main option to review is resetting your password, the need to enter the new password and the confirmation for it. This is the only way a user can change their password.
If you see any problem or get any question please contact email@example.com